As the Business Development Consultant you will work collaboratively within a central Institute team to sell products and services from the entire range available across the department to meet and exceed clearly identified contestable and commercial revenue targets.
You will identify and secure new and emerging commercial training opportunities that increase the market share and revenue generation for the Institute.
You will build the capability of staff across the Institute in identifying, approaching and securing new business opportunities that result in solid sales and commercial partnerships. You will also:
- Work as part of a holistic Institute team to sell products and services to businesses, industries, communities and other commercial clients to maximise revenue.
- Understand the training needs of employers at a local, state and national level and identify with Faculties the appropriate customised solutions.
- Achieve monthly and annual sales targets as specified in the Business Development Unit annual revenue plan.
- Provide advice on and report against the Institute’s performance against national commercial revenue targets.
- Provide advice to key senior Institute staff on sales opportunities that are aligned to the Institute’s strategic business plan.
- Work collaboratively with Faculties and other business units to sell a range of new products and services to existing customers.
- Respond rapidly to commercial opportunities, meeting deadlines, managing risks and exhibiting entrepreneurial behaviour. Participate in the development of tenders across the institute.
- Engage in the strategic planning and target setting for commercial and contestable business opportunities.
- Work closely with teaching section staff to develop capabilities required to approach potential customers to secure new training opportunities that are tailored to the needs of business.
- Liaise with the Faculties to identify areas of risk and strategies to mitigate these risks
- Use the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to effectively record all business intelligence and customer interactions.
The Business Development Consultant will have worked previously in a similar role and will have: