cfo in Wetherill Park
Wetherill Park, New South Wales
AU$ 170,000 per year
This is a newly created senior leadership role with responsibility to drive strategic financial direction of the company and contribute to local and global expansion strategies that are innovative and commercially astute.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the CFO will report to the CEO and have a dotted reporting line to the Chairman of the Board and assume a strategic role within the company.
Key Result Areas:
This position is responsible for managing the financial operation of the company including the following:
- Overall responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities of the company;
- Contributing financial and accounting information, analysis and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction;
- Assist in the evaluation and analysis of new business/commercial opportunities from a financial perspective, modelling financial options and ROI analysis;
- Liaise with overseas taxation, accounting and legal service suppliers to ensure the multinational expansion works effectively in all jurisdictions;
- Take charge of implementing tax consolidation; ensure compliance with taxation, superannuation, workers compensation, statutory corporate regulations and Australian Accounting Standards.
- Managing processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the company on a monthly basis;
- Process annual year-end financial accounts and compile Financial Statements, in liaison with the external company accounting firm, for signature by the Company Directors;
- Providing the Board with timely advice on the financial implications of business activities including project evaluations, forecasts and feasibility to meet the company’s strategic growth objectives.
- Develop financial models to assist in the evaluation of new commercial opportunities, ROI on existing product and pricing for new products in new markets;
- Maintain the Company Register and ensure that all relevant changes are communicated to ASIC.
- Oversee the preparation of contracts raised between the company and use appropriate legal language to draft special conditions approved by CEO;
- Ensure compliance with OH&S regulations in the workplace;
- Deal with staff issues in line with the Fair Work Act 2009 and in consultation with the CEO;
- Keep track of trends in Finance in Australia and overseas to ensure that the Company is adopting best practice;
- Conduct basic accounting information sessions from time to time for sales, training and support staff to ensure an understanding of basic accounting problems experienced by clients.
Required skills/experience/personal qualities:
- You will be CA (public practice trained - must have) qualified with at least 10 years’ experience in a management / leadership role or business advisory;
- Given the diverse scope of responsibilities, the role will suit a candidate who enjoys mixing strategic thinking and analysis with hands-on exposure to accounting functions;
- Manufacturing experience, ideally within the retail, FMCG or pharma sectors;
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial contract management experience;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Demonstrate a high level of written and oral communication;
- Familiarity with the requirements of the Fair Work Act 2009;
- Advanced Excel skills.
This is an unique opportunity for a FD / CFO looking to take on that next big step into the "hot seat" of a fast growing business, or an experienced CFO looking to take a step into a dynamic and fast paced environment, where all his/her skills can be put to best practice.
Please notify me of your interest along with your availability and salary expectations, quoting the following reference 90M0278839.
Should you wish to discuss the position in more detail, please feel free in contacting Rob Lewis on 82151081 or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
CFO, Finance Director, Head of Finance, finance, accountant, Finance Controller