Our client, a NSW Government Department are seeking the skills of a talented and passionate Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Liaison Manager to manage stakeholder, government, industry and
community relations in support of two major projects.
- Devise, coordinate, deliver and evaluate the effectiveness of communication and community and stakeholder engagement strategies, activities, policies and procedures to ensure that stakeholders (internal and external) and the community are kept informed of project progress and are provided with opportunities to input into the design and delivery of the program
- Hold and attend interagency and (localised) industry forums to understand stakeholder interests and expectations and provide advice on the program and any emerging issues
- Work in partnership with other senior stakeholder engagement officers and managers to develop and manage communications activities to time, cost and budget
- Provide specialist advice and services across community consultation, customer information, internal communication, issues management and digital strategies
- Identify, analyse and track the outcomes of stakeholder engagement activities to ensure stakeholder and community interactions are recorded in a communication management system
- Provide advice and participate in NSW Government communities of practice to improve and enhance the delivery of communication services to the community
- Promote open communications and facilitate delivery of best practice communication and stakeholder engagement initiatives
- Collaborate with program leaders to manage stakeholder and community consultation and education initiatives, performance improvement programs, the delivery of community engagement, customer and stakeholder management priorities.
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent relevant experience in communication, media or public relations. An IAP2 qualification preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver communication and community engagement plans, including experience in conducting public meetings and forums and a wide range of engagement tools
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex and technical information into accessible public information
- Proven ability to build, maintain and record details of strategic stakeholder relationships both internal and external to the organisation.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills including presentation skills (including PowerPoint and Excel)
- Proven leadership and organisational skills including a high degree of initiative and flexibility, the ability to manage resources to meet competing deadlines
- NSW drivers licence