Our client is a research company who have developed a range of technologies to undertake carbon capture and storage throughout Australia. They are the leaders in their field and are now seeing a period of growth.
Reporting to the Project Manager you will be involved in the design and operational delivery of the completion of a Carbon Capture and Storage well based in Victoria. The position will be located in Melbourne’s CBD but will require frequent travel to field locations to support on-site operations.
- Prepare technical completions design options matching to subsurface team requirements
- Identify new technology being brought to market, or in research and development that can acheve the goals of the project
- Prepare and review equipment and service tenders to make recommendation for selection
- Lead collaboration across multiple stakeholders: R&D / Service / Regulators / Project Teams
- Identify Hazards & Risks associated with proposed technology or operational installation and advise on treatment/mitigation plans
- Prepare budgets and operational programs
- Supervise all service partner engineering design and lead development and implement Quality Plan for equipment & service delivery from service partners
- Plan logistics for work-over completion operations and well intervention work
- Plan service partners involvement and personnel requirements
- Troubleshoot well completion related problems
- Ensuring the effective interface between the subsurface engineering team and project manager to deliver a fit for purpose completion & subsurface monitoring system.
- Accountable for the operational delivery of the completions program at site, through supervision of third party partners
- You will have a wide ranging background in completions design and relevant connections to the key technology suppliers
- Budget Management
- Bachelor Degree in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years industry experience
- High level of knowledge in relevant aspects of completions design, engineering and operational installation
- Hazard & Risk Management Process experience
- Delivery of multiple well completion programs
- Demonstrated project delivery experience
- Strong technical experience in CO2 geological sequestration and storage projects would be beneficial
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Keith Tannahill on 03 9252 2176