Are you are recent law student with experience in a legal secretarial role, or have had previous experience in a legal secretarial role and wanting to pursue a career in conveyancing/property law, then this role is for YOU!
Our client is one of Melbourne's progressive law firms providing their clients with excellent service and advice across various areas of law. Located in the heart of the Melbourne CBD, this client is always looking for ways to improve their business whilst also giving their employees an opportunity to grow and develop with the business.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a recent law student who has had at least two years experience in a legal secretarial position with exposure to conveyancing or for an individual who has worked in the legal industry but has a strong interest to pursue a long-term career as a conveyancer. This role will be supporting two of Melbournes most passionate and knowledgeable conveyancing clerks, both who are extremely friendly and talented in their field of work.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinating and preparing legal correspondence for Commercial/Property and Litigation Departments
- Transcribe and Dictaphone typing accurately using advanced software functions
- Attending settlements and preparing legal and general documentation for property settlements
- On-going and accurate maintenance of conveyancing and legal files
- Ensuring all appropriate documentation is completed accurately at the time of settlement
- Liaising with financial institutions in relation to property settlements
- Making arrangements for cheques associated with property settlements
- Completion and billing of conveyancing files after settlement including final compliance documents with Government agencies/Departments using Affinity software
- Assisting with the finalisation and archiving of completed conveyancing files
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Having a strong interest/ambition to pursue a career in conveyancing or property law
- At least two years experience in a legal secretarial role - ideally with conveyancing exposure
- Being able to multi-task and work well in a high pressured environment
- Have a proactive approach to work
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude in the workplace
- Good ability to pick up tasks quickly and adapt to new software/technology
If this is the role for you please click APPLY now and submit your CV along with your cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, alternatively please contact Ashley Rappazzo for a confidential discussion.