A motivated and passionate chef/cook is required for a centre located in Melbourne's east.
Your role will involve independently running the kitchen. The centre is not yet at full capacity so weekly work hours will be 25 hours until occupancy increases. Work times are flexible and can work around your schedule.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- experience and passion for cooking a variety of nutritious foods for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years
- relevant qualifications in commercial cookery, valid employment working with children check, food handling safety certificate
- experience working in a childcare kitchen is an advantage but not necessary
- experienced in developing a rotating menu for children, including children with allergies and intolerances
- good time management skills and be confident managing a kitchen
- enjoy communicating with colleagues, children and families.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing nutritious meals for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea for babies and children each day
- Menu planning, in accordance with the centre's nutrition policy and guidelines and special dietary needs
- Maintaining a clean and safe kitchen
If this sounds like the role for you apply now or contact Stasio on (03) 8630 7400 and/or email@example.com