My client is an established and leading provider of high-quality early education. The centre's values include working in partnership with families and the wider community and to always act as advocates on behalf of the children.
Working together this team of industry professional provide a safe, respectful and compassionate environment, recognising children as people with important views and interests.
My client is looking for an experienced Child Care Educator with a Diploma in Children's Services who values partnering with families, is keen to further develop their skills and wants to join a passionate, capable and dedicated team.
The program is based on an emergent and play-based curriculum which is derived from The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF). This curriculum is interest based and child focused and views children as being independent, competent, capable and unique learners who have control of their own learning and environment.
To be considered for this role, it is essential you have:
- previous experience working as a Diploma qualified Child Care Educator within an early childhood service preferably with a corporate child care centre
- a Diploma in Children's Services qualification or ACECQA approved equivalent qualification
- demonstrated an understanding of:
- National Quality Framework (NQF)
- Early Years learning Framework (EYLF)
- Child Protection & Mandatory Reporting
- Workplace Health & Safety issues
- knowledge of the stages of physical, emotional, cognitive, social and cultural development of children
- experience in documentation of children's learning and development to a high standard
- the capability to engage children through activities and experiences appropriate for age groups / stages of development
- knowledge of health, hygiene and the nutrition needs of children
- the ability to communicate effectively with children, families and staff
- an aptitude for being proactive and acting on guidance / direction
- a commitment to your own ongoing professional development in early childhood
- the ability to undertake the physical requirements involved within an early childhood setting
- solid computer literacy would be highly regarded, preferably with experience in using online systems such as Storypark.
This position is a part-time contract position, Thursday and Friday 8 hours per day, totalling 16 hours per week. On offer is a generous salary package (above award rates) with a range of benefits including:
- paid lunch breaks
- salary sacrificing
- discounted health insurance
- ongoing professional development.
This position requires someone with an adaptable approach and exceptional communication skills; a passion and commitment to providing the best quality education to children as well as a desire to further develop as an educator would be highly regarded.
For more information contact Emma Fox 02 8238 0200 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org