Director IT is currently required for a permanent position to join the leadership team in this leading scientific group. You will lead the strengthen of the information technology capability through identify, designing and deploying the appropriate systems, tools, platforms and approaches in order to provide significant competitive advantage.
The role will manage all aspects of software, data and mapping to ensure a stable, secure and integrated IT platform that delivers services to enhance both efficiency and effectiveness. It will also include platform selection and design, developing and selecting necessary technology solutions to create a competitive advantage for the s digital strategy and overall IP. The role is charged with developing long and medium term strategies and solutions, ensuring a professional, customer oriented and future proof IT platform that is aligned to industry best practice.
You will also be required to perform the following:
- Identify, formulate, prioritise and lead the deployment of the roadmap of systems required to create a competitive advantage whilst remaining agile to evolving needs.
- Ensure a stable and secure electronic platform for the ongoing provision of services aligned with industry standards and the organizations strategic direction.
- Ensure support of all IT systems via robust and comprehensive risk management and mitigation strategies.
- Develop and administer all IT related standards and manage the development and enhancement of applications, data and infrastructure in accordance with those standards.
- Create and maintain a highly professional, customer oriented, innovative and future-focused IT function.
- Develop, implement and maintain best practice change management strategies and frameworks, including project management office services.
- Implement continuous improvement and leading-edge initiatives, including identifying and evaluating opportunities for business led technological innovation and development.
- Manage the supply and demand profile in a transparent manner with positive communication on the review and decision making process.
- Direct and coordinate staff to optimise the use of human, financial and physical resources of IT to achieve its targets as specified in the strategic plan.
To be successful in this position you will be a highly experienced IT Manager/Director who has solid experience in developing and implementing IT strategy. You will be able to deliver targeted solutions . You will also have solid experience in managing complex contracts and in managing vendors. Demonstrated experience in leading a team through ever changing and fast paced environment is also a requirement. Excellent communication, problem solving and relationship building skills are a must. Previous experience working in the healthcare or scientific field would be an advantage.
Apply now using the link or contact Leonie Woodfine on 8319 1243 or Louis Spence on 8319 1188