As the largest supplier to Queensland Government for the provision of temporary staffing solutions, here at Randstad, we continue to engage with government experience and talented private sector candidates to support our clients with some immediate project needs. As such, our client is leading in the education sector and an immediate requirement for an Editor has become available.
The role is for an immediate start working on the south side of Brisbane with the contract being up til the end January 2017 with the potential of extension. This centre works to very tight timeframes and experiences a high volume of work. Candidates with similar experience will be highly regarded.
The role will involve the following duties and responsibilities:
- Editing and proofreading written and illustrated content for educational resources.
- Checking and verifying content to ensure it is factually correct.
- Ensuring that style guides, procedures, specifications and quality standards are adhered to.
- Providing editorial advice and support to other staff, senior management and clients in relation to principles of sound writing practice.
- Maintaining and utilising knowledge and skills in current writing, editing and proofreading practice to produce quality educational resources.
- Contributing to the development of quality assurance standards and the ongoing evaluation of editorial and proofreading services.
- Developing an understanding of end user needs and the education industry.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in an editing role
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with online editing techniques, including Track Changes (MS Word).
If you feel that you identify with the above, please “APPLY NOW” and a consultant will be in touch.