Our client is a global food and beverage manufacturer based in the south east of Melbourne. Their products have been on the shelves for over 100 years.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Environmental Manager to lead and drive all aspects of the environmental services by establishing standards and managing the team in order to fulfill expectations of safety etc.
• Continually reducing the potential for pollution at all times
• Maintain all required licenses for the site (e.g. EPA, trade waste, etc.)
• Maintain core compliance for the site.
• Measuring, monitoring and reporting on the environmental performance of site operations
• Oversee direct reports to ensure environmental Standards, Procedures, Work Instructions and associated forms, tools and fact sheets are followed effectively.
• Monitor and meet environmental objectives, targets and KPIs.
• Complete reports and submit to the National Environment Manager as required
• Implement the Business Unit/Functional environmental plan in your team to meet objectives, targets and KPIs.
• Work toward reducing environmental risk profile
• Monitor completion of scheduled environmental activities
• Implement training and awareness programs for relevant personnel.
• Resource verification audits in your operations and implement improvement plans.
• Oversee the implementation of corrective actions according to risk level resulting from environmental processes such as risk assessments, incident investigations, inspections and audits.
• Advise the National Environment Manager of any ongoing or significant issues affecting compliance or performance.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Environmental Manager in a food manufacturing environment
Strong influencer who can effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation
Up-to-date knowledge of regulations and policies
Strong analytical, problem solving, and multitasking skills
Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Demonstrate excellent judgment, decision making and discretion abilities
Capable of quickly demonstrating influencing skills and abilities
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Keith Tannahill on 03 9252 2176