environmental officer in Sydney
Sydney, New South Wales
A large government organisation is looking for an Environmental Officer based in south east Sydney. This position is to assist and carry out a range of environmental services under general supervision.
- A bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks and works under general supervision.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Identifies, assesses and resolves problems concerning the environment.
- May also design, install, operate and maintain measuring apparatus to determine the level of pollutants involving air, land, and water.
- Performs experiments and reports findings on environmental consequences of equipment, tools, and procedures.
- Ensures the organization's conformance to federal, state, and local environmental legislation.
If this is right opportunity for you then click "apply" below to submit your resume/application or if you wish to discuss this role further please contact Noelle Kielty on 0292339937 or alternatively you can email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If this role isn't quite right for you but you are looking for new opportunities please call for a confidential discussion on other roles we are recruiting for.