About the Client
Independently owned Freight forwarder in a small office of 20 staff. Niche market of dangerous goods, cryogenic and perishables cargo, whilst also covering general cargo. Doubled in size over the past 7 years. Tight knit group with strong culture.
About the role
The position requires you to cover all Export Sea operational duties as well as some air which will cover 3-4 days of our working week. The role also consists of being the direct 3PL operator within the small warehouse on site (pick packing, inventory control, stock analysis) which will cover 1-2 days of your working week.
- Registering all export sea and some air jobs into Melbourne
- Liaising with clients, airlines, shipping lines for bookings.
- Daily contact with local and international offices and agents
- Dealings with internal departments
- EDN's, PRA’s, RFP’s, SLI’s for all jobs
Skills & Experience
- Freight forwarding industry experience a must
- Exposure to both Export Air and Sea operational duties
- EDI/CW1 exposure advantageous
- Ability to pick pack cargo up to 15kg
- Forklift license not essential but desirable
- Exposure to two different sides of the business with the chance to develop the 3PL role into something larger and build a team around you.
- Social after work gatherings and bi-annual functions.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Simpson on 03 9252 2177.