Randstad is currently recruiting for an experienced Financial Analyst to join the Finance team for a large government agency based in Western Sydney.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will provide strategic and analytical support in relation to the managerial requirements associated with the identification and reconciliation of variances and discrepancies to include trends affecting a variety of core business. You will play a part in driving the business for continued growth.
- Use technology oriented/business intelligence tools to extract business value from information sources;
- Present findings/recommendations to senior management across the organisation;
- Put systems and reports in place to provide standard data and information relating to
Performance targets and measures
- Assist with technological solutions to providing standard information for use in evaluating achievements against objectives
- Ensure that systems are in place to enable performance indicators and targets to be accurately measured and evaluated
- Provide proactive business and performance information and analysis in order to anticipate the need for particular interventions
- Develop reporting methodologies and tools for performance reporting
- Conduct presentations and/or seminars on research findings as required
- Review of budgets and allocation of funds
- Working closely with the business and producing the monthly results for them, forecasting, budgeting, analysing and explaining the variances
- Assisting stakeholders in decision making and resource allocation and various projects to improve efficiency in the team
- Develop program financial baselines and updates Business Case Cost Benefits Analysis through the program lifecycle.
- Monitors the program cost and forecast keeping Program Managers informed of impacts to budgets;
- Work with senior Managers to ensure that Request for Changes and their impacts on budget and cash flow are accurately articulated;
- Performs program budget reconciliation and monitors the cost commitments from requisitions to invoice payments.
- Develops and presents program financial reports;
- Responsible for reviewing and resolving variances that could impact the accuracy of forecasting;
- Continuous experience working as a Financial Analyst/Controller for large and complex technology programs;
- Strong financial background, preferably certified as CA or CPA
- Experience in developing metrics and processes to ensure budget and activity control according to the required standards;
- Experience in providing quality and accurate program financial reports;
- Demonstrated experience in estimating budgets, forecasting expenses and developing respective schedules;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision (orally, written and presentational) with proven facilitation, influencing, negotiation and strong analytical, problem solving skills and business acumen;
- Highly experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Strong analytical, financial and reporting skills;
- Self motivated individual with desire to provide excellent service
- Proven capacity to produce timely, accurate predictive reports
To be successful in this role you will be part or fully qualified and have had previous experience working with senior decision makers. Advanced Excel and SAP is essential to the role.
You will also be capable and willing to be hands on, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be system savvy and be able to work in a changing environment.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. CV must be in word format.