fmcg key account manager - vic coles/woolworths accounts in Melbourne
AU$ 80,000 per year
Key Account Manager
Our client is a global leader within its industry; they possess a rich and diverse portfolio of consumer products. Their success is built on strong brands and talented people. With an ambitious growth strategy which relies on strong field execution, leading products and service delivery they are able to offer support and development to all members of their organisation.
They are the world's largest manufacturer of its key product in the world. The group employs 9,500 people across the Dominican Republic, Honduras, Nicaragua, Indonesia, Europe, Australia, Canada and the US.
We are looking for a Key Account Manager (VIC) to be based out of their Scoresby office, reporting to the Sales Director. The emphasis of this position is to implement and direct sales strategies, manage product portfolio and price negotiations. Whilst wholly being responsible for the company’s Coles and Woolworths account.
- Set goals and objectives in order to achieve sales and gross profit budgets.
- Communicate closely with key accounts.
- Strengthen Company’s profile and working relationship within key accounts.
- Design and produce reports on key accounts – sales trends, performance, etc.
- Identify and resolve weakness in Key Accounts Management.
- Improve Sales and Gross Profit on existing and new lines.
- Coordinate Sales and Marketing activities with assigned brokers.
- Train, improve and review broker performance.
- Seek new opportunities and sales growth.
- Provide forecast sales to assist with purchasing and production planning.
- Regular assessment of Scan/Nielsen data, identifying opportunities where Scan/Nielsen data is available for key accounts responsibilities.
- Present and secure new products for ranging.
- Implement proposals and promotional programs that have been agreed with the respective Trade Marketer.
From time to time, you will be travelling to locations in rural Victoria and Sydney – Quarterly basis.
The Desired Profile
In order to succeed, you need at least 5 years experience in FMCG with a minimum of 5 years directly dealing with Coles, Woolworths or Metcash groups. You are a high performer and connect well to any business. Due to your strong personal and professional skills you build strong relations, and a strong impact as a trusted and effective account manager. You are a strong communicator who develops good working relationships with internal and external customers. You enjoy working with a large variety of challenges from an industry perspective and within an increasingly competitive organization. You possess a proactive working approach, a high degree of self-motivation and are a strong team player. The complexity of the job requires that you can operate independently whilst maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Although your role is local, you enjoy being part of a truly global organization and have the ambition for developing your career.
We offer a competitive salary along with a fully maintained car plus phone and laptop.
Skills & Expertise
- Industry knowledge
- Written/oral presentation skills
- Clear goals and objectives
- Time management
- Customer Service
- Result focused
- Change Management
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
We look forward to receiving your application ASAP as interviews will be commencing within the month.
Sales, FMCG, key account management, melbourne, victoria, coles, woolworths