Randstad are currently recruiting for a number of HFC technician positions to work on the HFC network within the National Broadband Network (NBN) project.
Experience in this field of work is essential, as well as experience in testing and commissioning HFC network, reading network plans and fault finding are essential.
Candidates would be expected to have a high level understanding of telecoms network and be capable of working in a team environment. A flexible working roster and willingness to work in Metro or rural/remote areas will be essential.
Duties will include but not limited to:
• Fault finding, testing and commissioning HFC network the NBN network.
• Book and manage integration bookings with NBN.
• Read and follow design plans.
• Order and identify materials
• Time management skills to ensure all works completed on time.
• Installation and termination of telecommunication cables.
• Ability to follow and work to a set installation procedure
• Liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
• Accurate reporting to Construction Managers on key issues.
• Cable types, uses, recognition, pair colour coding
• Test equipment - choice and use
• Demonstrate knowledge of the Telstra Customer Access Network (CAN)
Requirements for this position as below:
• Valid Driver's Licence
• Construction White Card
• Certificate in Telecommunications Engineering desirable
• Knowledge of Pit & Pipe network • Ability to work on own or as part of a team.
If you feel you are suitable for this position, please apply online today.