About the Client
New things are happening with this Australian owned freight forwarder. Change is a good thing, especially when change turns things into an even more positive work environment and work ethic across all staff. This has in turn created new and exciting roles for those eager to take a step up in their career, whilst then creating opportunities for new team members to join the fun
About the role
As an operations and transport all rounder, your role is vital in the supply chain process for this companies clients. Mainly concentrating on import sea, you will also be covering export sea and air duties as well as import air and local transport for all facets of the business.
- Registering all import and export jobs into EDI system
- Liaising with shipping lines and co-loaders
- Liaising with local transport companies for bookings and timeslots
- Making bookings for export shipments
- Daily contact with local and international offices and agents
- Invoicing and SCA
Skills & Experience
- Experience within freight forwarding industry
- EDI experience a must
- Cartage exposure for sea and air desirable
- Import Sea and air experience
- Export experience desirable
Willing to train in exports and air freight, as long as you have strong import sea and air experience.
Potential to develop, up skill and move into leadership group.
Commissions for all new business acquired through asking existing client for additional trade lane development.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Simpson on 03 9252 2177.