industrial relations project coordinator in Melbourne CBD
Melbourne CBD, Victoria
AU$ 100,000 per year
Our client currently has a 12 month fixed term opportunity for a Project Coordinator based close to Melbourne CBD. This role is responsible for supporting the EA Negotiation Project teams made up of internal and external resources. Assists to define project parameters and develop detailed project documentation to include business requirements, project plans, project schedules, workflow solutions and project status reports/communications.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns and manages the development and maintenance of the detailed project plan
- Assists the with tracking the project budget
- Research FWA website for agreements and compile comparisons and undertake data analysis
- Updates PPM tools (e.g., adding resources, time entry, etc.)
- Provides maintenance of all project artefacts in SharePoint
- Revises project plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements as directed
- Prepares and submits regular project status reports to management
- Conduct regular project status update meetings to Develops process workflows as it relates to assigned projects and/or to support internal process improvement initiatives, with appropriate guidance
- Follows up, when appropriate, with all people/areas affected by the project to ensure they meet their timelines for completing tasks/actions e.g. provide information, updates, meet actions required of them on the project schedule
- Develop and monitor the Project Risk Management Plan as part of project planning and execution
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and mitigation strategies, and provide recommendations and key data to decision-makers
- Maintain effective stakeholder communications
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in a program management office role particularly within a large and complex program operation
- Demonstrated experience working in a complex project / program as a project coordinator
- Ability to communicate all project phases (i.e. development assembly, development delivery,), through project management software, written documentation and verbal presentations
- Experience in establishing the processes, practices and standards
- Experience in research and data analysis
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Act as a mentor to project leads assigned to their tasks
- Experience in coordinating events / travel.
Salary and Benefits
- Excellent salary for a 12 month fixed term contract, including annual/sick leave
- Complex, interesting and challenging role with high profile exposure
- Supportive highly professional team, mentoring opportunity from your direct manager
- Professional: Project Management Certification or equivalent experience
- Experience with Consulting and Project Management methods and best practices.
- Sound understanding of business requirements/project delivery lifecycle
If you meet the above requirements and would like to discuss this opportunity further please click on the appropriate link to apply. Alternatively, please contact Roger Joseph on 03 8621 5700, quoting Ref No. 14M0275214
Industrial Relations , Excel skills required and project analysis skills
Professional: Project Management Certification or equivalent experience.
Experience with Consulting and Project Management methods and best practices.
Sound understanding of business requirements.