As the Internal Communications Officer you will design and deliver internal communications strategies, and tactics to improve engagement and support for staff and other stakeholders. You will also design and deliver internal communication plans in support of broader communications strategies in conjunction with the Strategic Communications Officer. The Internal Communications Officer will also:
- Develop, deliver and review internal communications plans, aligned to key strategic objectives.
- Source, write articles and produce the fortnightly internal staff newsletter.
- Develop and implement internal communications plans and tactics relation to key information about services and resources which support the day-to-day of the different stakeholders
- Develop and implement metrics for internal communication initiative to monitor the effectiveness of activities, identify improvement opportunities and introduce solutions to address these.
- Work with the Director Marketing Communications and Strategic Communications Officer, as well as other key stakeholders to confirm the critical priorities for internal communications initiatives and identify any challenges and opportunities to achieve cultural and behavioural change.
The Internal Communications Officer will have worked previously in a similar role and will:
- Appropriate Communication Degree or Diploma at AQF level 5-8 or equivalent and/or appropriate experience in a similar role in a large organisation.
- Proven project management skills with a particular focus on developing and executing communication plans in a complex environment to enhance engagement amongst key internal audience.
- A clear understanding of the role of effective communication in building a strong internal brand and audience engagement and ability to put this into practice.
- Demonstrated high level writing skills and experience in working with communication technologies such as content management systems, social media, SMS, CRM, direct marketing software and other channels.
- High level communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build partnerships and maintain effective working relationship.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Proven ability to develop and implement internal communication strategies that drive behavioural change across the organisation.
Working with children check required for this role.