Contribute to the development and maintenance of our client’s public-facing websites in order to provide accurate, relevant, reliable and timely transport information to our customers and other stakeholders.
- Sourcing and writing content for publishing on public-facing websites that supports communication strategies.
- Implementation of online marketing strategies to increase growth in usage of online communication channels.
- Ensure the overall look and feel, interface, interaction design and information architecture are consistent with marketing and communications objectives, government standards and usability best practice.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders within and outside of the Division to identify opportunities to support various strategic projects in an online environment.
- Develop, manage and evaluate e-mail marketing databases and e-mail newsletters.
- Liaise regularly with content stakeholders to ensure the integrity of published information.
- Regularly review customer information needs to ensure they are being met.
- Evaluate the usability of websites, identify problems experienced by users and suggest possible improvements to build our websites into a more effective communication tool.
- Responsible for search engine optimisation, development of lead generation programs, managing social media opportunities, email campaign management and identification and placement of online advertising.
- Develop and publish content on public-facing websites.
- Ensure that web publishing standards are followed for all published content and that these comply with legislative requirements on accessibility and usability.
- Use appropriate systems to monitor and report on site traffic, user habits user hits on websites, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain a log of website issues arising out of feedback and assist the Internet Manager to resolve website design or technical issues.
- Fulfil the duties of the Internet Content Publisher and Internet Manager during leave of absence to ensure continuity of business.
- Work closely with content stakeholders to encourage the develop of new and refreshed content for publishing on our public facing websites
- Develop a close working relationship with relevant Divisions and teams to ensure that emerging issues are monitored and where necessary, strategy adapted
- Keep abreast of trends in the digital environment, particularly in digital marketing, mobile, social media channels and communications.
- Comply with policies in respect of WHS, EEO and ethical workplace practices and behaviours.
- At least three years experience publishing content to large websites.
- Knowledge and experience of web technologies such as content management systems, search engines and web analytics tools.
- Strong understanding of website usability, accessibility and information architecture.
- Experience with Dreamweaver, Photoshop, XHTML and CSS.
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to work on concurrent projects to tight time deadlines.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including writing for the online environment and the ability to understand technical information and rewrite into plain English.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Understanding the principles of EEO and WHS.