- Are you a proactive, aspirational leader of people with a passion for working in a challenging and rewarding environment?
- Do you want to have a strong leadership voice in improving New Zealand’s cyber security in New Zealand?
- Do you have a deep understanding in Cyber Security and experience in interacting and forming relationships at senior levels of private and public organisations
- Permanent opportunity, Wellingto, New Zealand
We look for people who are passionate and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our businesses and our people in the world of cyber security.
CERT NZ is an organisation that receives cyber incident reports, tracks cyber security incidents or attacks and provides advice and alerts to its customers on how to respond and prevent further attacks. CERT NZ works work closely with its international counterparts to prevent and respond to cybersecurity incidents, and address cybercrime.
CERT NZ will be New Zealand’s national CERT and will sit at the centre of our cyber security response. Establishing a national CERT means New Zealand joins an international network of more than 85 other national CERTs. It will help New Zealand play our part in a global effort to improve internet security.
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager; someone who can take a lead role in improving the nation’s ability to identify, manage and avoid cyber security incidents. We are looking for someone who has proven experience in managing technical teams in time critical, challenging environments.
As the Operations Manager you will take a leadership role in the coordination of serious cyber incidents on behalf of the New Zealand Government, along with coordinating with key lead cyber security experts in partnering groups.
The Operations Manager leads the technical operations team of the CERT and defines and executes the operational direction for CERT NZ. The Operations Manager is directly responsible for the outcomes of the incident management processes and toolsets which comprise the core CERT functions.
The Operations Manager will be required to maintain a cutting edge understanding of New Zealand’s cyber security landscape and ensure that the CERT has the technical and operational facilities to respond to cyber incident reports, track cyber security incidents or attacks, and provide advice and alerts on how to respond and prevent further attacks. The Operations Manager will also take a leading role in the CERTs international engagements with overseas CERTs.
The Operations Manager will ensure CERT NZ has the technical and operational capability to leverage the international network of CERTs and play our part in a global effort to improve internet security.
You will relish being part of a team that has national responsibility for:
- Incident response and triage
- Situational awareness and information sharing
- Advice and outreach
- International collaboration
- National and international co-ordination of serious cyber incidents
This is a challenging, rewarding and fulfilling role, with the opportunity to really make a difference, and build a strong team of professionals.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience of working and influencing at senior levels on cyber security issues.
- Comprehensive understanding of cyber threats and the threat landscape.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills that will enable you to build credible, respected relationships with key stakeholders including C level executives, senior managers, team members, staff in partner agencies and key external stakeholders and opinion leaders, and act as the public face of the CERT NZ.
- Experience in working in a technical environment, preferably with a deep understanding of cyber security issues.
- Existing government security clearance or the ability to gain and maintain such a clearance (Please see this link to the public NZSIS information for further information about the vetting process for national security clearances: http://nzsis.govt.nz/assets/media/Vetting_for_web_LR.pdf).
- Legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand.
- Able to start in the role before February 2017.
If this sounds like your next ideal opportunity, then please apply for this position by going to www.randstad.co.nz/CERT, where you can read the position description, register your details and submit your cover letter and CV outlining your suitability for this role.
For further information please contact Sherena Dullabh at (+64 4 471 4871) or Anthony Eastman at (+64 4 494 3467)