Take this opportunity to join a multi-national engineering & construction company who specialises in providing turn-key solutions to a broad range of heavy industry customers across Australia. Due to business growth through project wins, there is a full-time, permanent opportunity for a Junior Mechanical Engineer. Operating in a technical working environment, this firm are proud of their strong commitment to providing engineering excellence in their solutions.
With relocation support, this role will commence in the Adelaide office for training before relocating with the team to Alice Springs for the duration of a major power generation construction project. You will gain significant site based experience for the future for an expected 10 month period. Upon completion of the project, you will relocate back into the Adelaide office to work on other projects where your role will be predominantly office based, with site support, as required.
Reporting to the Site Manager, this you will provide engineering support on site including the co-ordination & management of technical mechanical aspects within projects to ensure objectives are met with quality, schedule and budget. This is a broad position as you play a key interface role between the engineering office and site, client consultation, complete data sheets, support quality functions, work package documentation and any other adhoc problem solving on site. You may also generally support procurement, construction and commissioning to project close-out.
The suitable candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- At least a few years experience in the petrochemical oil & gas, mining, heavy industry sectors
- Knowledge/Experience with turnkey projects in an EPCM environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective reporting writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Have the ability to build relationships and rapport with all levels of staff & clients
- Strong PC and computing skills (MS Office & AutoCAD)
- Be able to travel when required
Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information including job description, project & company details, and remuneration.
To apply for the role, please click on apply to submit your CV. For a confidential discussion, please contact Clayton Colbert from Randstad on 8150 7009.