l1 network engineer in Botany
Botany, New South Wales
As the largest technology talent and solutions provider globally, Randstad Technologies creates the talent-driven strategies that help our clients stay competitive, efficient and relevant in the marketplace.
Through our Solutions Practice, we are uniquely positioned to deliver technology talent and solutions through three distinctive service offerings:
- Staff Augmentation
Randstad Technologies is looking to engage a suitably qualified Level 1 Network Engineers to join our team on-site in a GNOC environment, based in Botany Bay. This will initially be a 12 month fixed term permanent engagement, working a rotating shift roster.
Our team operates 24x7x365 and is responsible for network alert monitoring and remediation for all business units. They monitor and optimise the performance of the Network through use of tools for stability and capacity planning.
Performing up to medium level configuration changes across network infrastructure, this team is responsible for diagnosing failures and taking appropriate action to ensure continuity of operations.
Required skills and experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Network Support capacity
- CCNA certification is highly desirable
- Proven ability with monitoring and triaging large LAN/WAN environments
- Prior experience with the ServiceNow ticketing system
- Commercial experience with Cisco-specific Routing & Switching technologies
- Demonstrated experience in triaging alerts, monitoring the network health and documenting data and context to escalate issues
- Proven ability with supporting complex, high-speed transaction environments
- Solid understanding of security standards and best practices in the network domain
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (SolarWinds, CA SOI, Airwave) would be advantageous
- Experience with a variety of operating systems (Cisco IOS, NX-OS, Linux/Unix, Windows) would be highly regarded
- Strong organisational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively operate across various levels of an organisation and build effective relationships
To discuss the scope of this requirement in further detail please click on the appropriate link or alternatively, please contact me directly at: Daniel.Pace@randstad.com.au, quoting Ref No. 90M0266149.
Network Operations Centre