major projects coordinator in Western Sydney
Western Sydney, New South Wales
Major Project Coordinator
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Coordinator to work on a large and complex road project for a local government agency. You will be tasked with the careful integration of end-user requirements, regulatory demands, financial management and scheduling expectations. You will have the opportunity to partner with other government bodies in the coordination of this major road project.
Duties include but are not limited too:
- Allocate resources in conjunction with the other coordinators to deliver the project on time and on budget.
- Manage the financial performance, the quality of outputs and the timeliness in achieving deliverables by team members, at both project and activity level.
- Ensure that the appropriate standards, codes of practice and policies are used by professional staff engaged in delivering engineering services to the project.
- Make recommendations to the Manager, Major Projects to engage contract staff to support team resources.
- Evaluate and approve progress payments and attending to all other contractual matters
- Ensure adherence by the team to all of Council’s policies, procedures and legal obligations in a cost effective manner.
- Supervise all correspondence, negotiations and site inspections.
Requirements for this role:
- Knowledge of RMS specifications and degree in civil engineering or experience working on major road or civil projects.
- Experience working with local councils or other government agencies.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and internal engagement.
- Experience in controlling and costing – labour, plant and materials.
- Proven experience in writing reports of technical nature and presentation of recommendations and project justifications to senior executives.
- NSW Drivers Licence and Class 1C and a WHS Construction Induction White Card
- Comprehensive engineering experience in project and contract management
- Extensive experience in the management and delivery of major engineering projects
The ideal candidate will have clear communication and extensive contract management skills. They will coordinate a $20 million major road upgrade project to ensure it is achieved in a cost effective and operationally efficient manner. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Project Coordinator to work on high a value project with a diverse and welcoming team.
If this is something that sparks an interest in you and you feel you have all the requirements then click "apply" below to submit your resume/application or if you wish to discuss this role further please contact Noelle Kielty on 0292339937 or alternatively you can email at email@example.com. If this role isn't quite right for you but you are looking for new opportunities please call for a confidential discussion on other roles we are recruiting for.
Major Projects Coordinator