Randstad have been exclusively retained to recruit this exciting opportunity for a Manager Bus Contracts to join the Infrastructure and Services team. This position plays a key role in the delivery of bus services through effective development of service contracts that provide an integrated, safe, reliable, customer focused and efficient service in a franchised transport environment.
Transport for NSW is the centrepiece of a reshaped transport cluster. It is responsible for setting the strategic
direction and guiding an extended network of public and private service delivery agencies to deliver improved
• Model good leadership to inspire direction and delivery, develop people, and drive change.
• Live the NSW Public Sector and organisational values to achieve outstanding outcomes for the
organisation and customers.
• Negotiate, develop, implement and manage robust service contracts to ensure that contracts are cost
effective, comply with appropriate polices; procedures and practices for efficient and effective contract
management and contract payments models in accordance with government policy and legislative
• Provide accurate, expert and timely advice, information and reports to the Principal Manager and other
Transport for NSW branches on any contractual matter, contractual obligation and/or contractual
dispute to highlight any trends, forecasts or risks that require management intervention and/or action
and to recommend strategic solutions.
• Manage the procurement of bus services from the operators and other service providers ensuring that
the services procured:
• are consistent with government priorities and Transport for NSW strategic directions
• deliver high quality, integrated, customer oriented services; and
• provide value for money.
• Identify areas of non-compliance, default or sub-optimal performance by operators, including taking
and/or recommending corrective action to rectify non-compliance, default or sub-optimal performance.
In addition to working with the branch to ensure that service contracts reflect strategic transport
outcomes and short to medium planning requirements.
• Manage the Branch's contribution to business plans, budgets and risk management plans, consistent
with overall Division and Corporate Plans to ensure business operational excellence.
• Maintain sound bus contracts that are fit for purpose, transparent, balanced, predictable, outcome
based and that can provide for effective management of performance while maintaining professional
working relationships with stakeholders and operating agencies to enable achievement of contractual
• Manage an efficient and effective team of contract staff and work as part of a professional team by
demonstrating strong management skills and assisting the Principal Manager to build effective and
robust processes which are sustaining and continually improving
• Understand customer issues and the key drivers of satisfaction and knowledge of how to positively
influence the customer outcomes via the contract performance regime and maintain knowledge of
current and emerging best practice for contract management, specifically matters relating to bus
Our commitment to Diversity
TfNSW are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the Transport cluster, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI, people with disabilities, women and other diversity groups. TfNSW recognises the benefits that such an approach brings for our staff and customers in delivering the future of NSW.
For any enquiries, please contact Melanie Risse firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Application Responses
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and brief covering letter (no longer than two pages) which addresses:
- The reason for your interest in this position, and
- How your skills and experience suit the role