Our client, one of Australia's leader in seating manufacturing and distribution, is currently looking for an astute Operations Manager. Reporting to the General Manager – Operations, this role will suit an experienced Manufacturing Manager who has initiative and confidence to make decisions and is proven in developing highly effective teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with all relevant legislation, local requirements and to all appropriate environmental and manufacturing quality standards.
- Utilize and train your team to use appropriate lean tools (5S/OHS/ISO9001) to identify and eliminate waste and are constantly looking at ways to improve processes.
- Develop high performance teams at the Hervey Bay site.
- To develop and look for further efficiencies in the business by focusing on lean leadership, lean strategy and planning, organisational change, process developing, lean auditing and coaching of staff
Skills & Experience
- Previous team management experience and experience in Automotive/ Automotive accessories manufacturing is an advantage.
- Procurement background and experience is a huge plus.
- Proven leadership experience and a track record in a world class Lean manufacturing environment.
- A demonstrable ability to manage and improve operating policies and procedures including development and maintenance.
- The experience to manufacture to consistent quality standards; safely and within cost parameters.
- Leader with ability to influence and quickly gain credibility and empower employees.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good manufacturing practices and lean management principles
- First class communication and numeracy skills
- Able to read or understand mechanical drawings
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines within the relevant timeframes in a professional manner