Working within the Petersham Newtown branch of Transport for NSW the Planning and Coordination Officer coordinates, administers and supports the facilities and resources required to ensure quality training services are available to TfNSW and their Agencies’ business groups and external contractors to meet business needs.
- Plan training calendars and programs, ensuring all relevant information is available and accessible to Learners via the Learning Management System
- Coordinate trainers and the training facilities/resources whilst effectively balancing the competing demands for trainers with specific skills.
- Work closely with others to ensure the availability of training facilities and resources; coordinating other resources to such as training materials, equipment and supplies to support seamless training delivery.
- Resolve day-to- day issues that pose a potential delay or difficulty in delivering training services
- Provide information/advice on training facilities and resources to business groups; assisting them in planning training schedules and resolving resource allocation conflicts.
- Participate in group discussions, contributing ideas for improving work practices
- Creating and maintaining records that document the business activities ensuring the accuracy and timelines.
- Use the Learning Management System effectively and ensure that all system records are maintained (including records relating to training, licenses and authorisations or qualifications/certificates).
- Previous experience in a Learning and Development; Org Development or Training environment
- Coordination and scheduling of training programs
- Some exposure to reporting and training evaluation ideal
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders/providers to deliver
for our partners internally
- Ability to plan and prioritise and reprioritise daily and ensure outcomes are achieved
- Highly resilient and able to cope well with ambiguity
- Highly self-driven and proactive.
- Sound relationship management and negotiation skills, leading to productive and valuable business relationships
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks whilst working under pressure in a high volume environment.