Randstad is a leading specialist recruitment agency and employs over 55,000 employees worldwide. Having been operating in Australia for 25 years, we are continually looking to expand our client base and candidates.
The position is responsible for to assist with implementing the Australian Government’s policy on open data by developing policies and overseeing projects that facilitate data sharing with the public and between government agencies. You will have experience in secretariat support to committees and have the ability to drive the Department’s work plan on improving internal data and evidence capabilities.
It is crucial you maintain awareness the sensitivities of operating in a public service environment with a high public profile to ensure tact and diplomacy at all times. You will have relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive policy experience.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Open data activities (e.g. developing data access strategies, policies and protocols).
- Data-related projects to improve data and evidence capabilities, including leading the rollout of Data Stewardship and implementing a metadata management system.
- Whole-of- government data initiatives including significant, multi-agency data integration projects.
- Shaping the strategic direction of the Section and the governance of data within in the department.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking data access strategies, policies and protocols
- High-level communication skills including ability to produce high-quality correspondence, briefings and reports.
- Highly developed strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of data issues and the importance of evidence and its use in policy development and evaluation.
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Flexible working environments.
- Work life balance.
- Competitive wages.
This opportunity will suit an experienced Policy Officer who enjoys a challenging and dynamic work environment.
To apply please follow the “Apply Now” Button below. Due to the volume of candidates only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this opportunity.