With the further addition of a new program of works to meet the compliant building regulation for a Childcare Center within the City of Port Phillip region we now looking to recruit further Project Manager.
The council is proud of having an organisational culture that delivers innovation, exciting projects, career opportunities and a supportive hierarchy. The culture is driven by the values and the way employees behave. Future Focus, Achieving Together, Inspiring Excellence, Respecting Individuals and Ensuring trust are just a few values of CPP.
The Capital Works team has currently 8 team members and is looking to engage an additional help to delivery the program of works. We are looking for a team member who will be able to work three days a week on a fixed-term contract for 7 months.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage and lead the assigned projects to ensure effective sponsor liaison/servicing, project planning and all aspects of project delivery within the Council’s Project Management Methodology and Project Guidance Framework (PGF), to maximise the delivery of benefits to the community.
- Develop, analyse and communicate information that supports evidence-based decision making, the efficient and effective allocation of resources, problem solving and tangible community benefits.
- Ensure accurate reporting on project and program progress, and adherence to financial management and procurement requirements in line the Council’s policies and the Local Government Act.
- Oversee community and stakeholders relations in respect of the assigned projects, including authoring content for Council Reports, Councillor Notes, correspondence, reporting and project updated to stakeholders.
- Prepare information for Project and Program Control Group (PCGs) and project sponsor including PGF documentation, business cases, reports, risk and issue logs, schedules and plans.
- Effectively discharge the role for Contract Superintendent, Superintendent Representative and/or Contract Administrator as required.
Furthermore, we are seeking applicants with a specific skillset and working experience, to include:
- Tertiary qualifications in project management, civil/building engineering, or a related field and minimum of 10 years relevant work experience.
- Significant knowledge and experience across relevant industry sectors and disciplines.
- Proven track record of delivering diverse capital projects in public sector settings, on time, within budget and to the required quality standards.
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders and community relations, project communications and excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Capability to coordinate and report against multiple projects, business plans, associated budgetary and financial management targets and objectives.
- An energetic and constructive attitude to work with an openness to change.
- A preparedness to give and receive feedback and willingness to be measured on, and proactively participate in, professional and personal development programs.
- Committed to taking personal accountability for actions and decisions.
What will be your benefit?
- Working on a wide range of projects
- Flexible working hours
- Career progression/opportunities
- Supportive hierarchy
- Very good team culture
If you are interested in applying for this position, meet the stipulated criteria, then we encourage you to apply with your resume below. If you have any further questions OR would like to get more details, please do not hesitate to contact Ramona Weckerle on 9252 2188. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 7 days of application.