NSW State Government department is looking for an experienced Project Officer who can work for a period of initially 3 months and have the potential to be extended. Our client is looking for someone with 2 years project experience, ideally within State Government.
This is an exciting and varied role that will give you exposure dealing with multpiple stakeholders and Government agencies and the chance to work in a high performing team.
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for providing high level support to project managers and executive directors and working across supporting the coordination of multiple projects. This opportunity will allow you to utilise your excellent time management and support skills and ability to deal with sensitive stakeholder engagement. This is a varied and exciting role working across multiple projects and you will be involved with multiple facets of the project.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders and Government agencies
- Providing high level support to project managers and executive directors
- Various administration duties
- Reporting on multiple levels regarding information flow, planning, integration and development of projects
- Travel coordination
- Support of Senior Team Leader's workflow: diary management, arranging meetings
- Excel work
- Reporting functions
- Delivery of information to sensitive stakeholder groups
- Communications including briefings and approval
- Dealing with purchase orders
- Working to project deadlines
- Experience with SAP and TRIM is highly desirable
- Advanced excel skills are also highly desirable
The successful candidate for this role MUST have proven experience as a Project Officer and/or assistant and ideally within State Government. You will be dynamic and fast paced, have excellent attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines whilst juggling multiple priorities. Working across a number of projects you will be working with a diverse group of stakeholders.
Other skills will include:
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a project environment and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with highly sensitive information
- CBD location close to public transport
- $35 - $40 per hour
- Varied and exciting role
- 3 months contract with potential to be extended
If this sounds like a position that you would be interested in and YOU meet the criteria please apply via the link online.