A highly sought after government organisation is seeking to recruit a Property Officer for an immediate start. The organisation is proud of having an organisational culture that offers flexible working hours and is driving by energetic, supportive and result driven managers.
The Property Officer is responsible for all aspects of property management for a significant portfolio or properties purchased for future development. The portfolio consists of residential, retail, commercial, industrial and vacant land.
The day to day management of the portfolio is largely outsourced to a panel of commercial real estate agents. The Property is responsible for strategic and financial management of the portfolio and delivery of outcomes that effectively meet the business requirements.
Furthermore, the Property Officer will:
- Have overall responsibility of the performance and legislative compliance of one or more property portfolios.
- Manage the day to day operation and performance of agents contracts in accordance with their contract and Government Procurement Regulations and requirements
- Provide advice to internal and external stakeholders on a range of property management matters
- Prepare briefings and response to stakeholder enquiries
- Prepare and maintain property documentation, reports, procedures, data and records
- Provide advice and support to the Property Portfolio Management team including identifying opportunities to improve rental revenue and manage Property related expenses
We are seeking applicants with a specific skillset and working experience, to include:
- Demonstrated experience in property management and a god working knowledge of property management processes and techniques.
- Well developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders, both internal and external, to enable achievement of desired outcomes.
- Medium to high level ability to use MS excel, Databases and Reporting systems.
- A clear understanding of the particular requirements of working within a Government environment while providing a high level of commercial solutions in Property Management.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to delivery procurement outcomes within specified parameters including timeframes and objectives.
- Ability to identify continuous improvement and innovation opportunities in processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to work under limited direction, including experience in planning, prioritising and organising work for self and other to achieve goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant property legislation, legal obligations and policies.
If you are interested in applying for this position, meet the stipulated criteria, then we encourage you to apply with your resume below. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Ramona Weckerle within 7 days of application.