quality assurance manager - central coast nsw - food in Western Suburbs Melbourne
Western Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the direct line management of the site Quality Assurance team. The role is responsible for the development, maintenance and implementation of the sites Quality strategy. It is accountable for leading the site quality function and managing the quality assurance team for all processing shifts
The company is well known and highly regarded in the food industry. This site is situated on the lovely Central Coast of NSW.
- Develop, maintenance and implementation of the QMS including HACCP/ food safety, pathogen control , animal welfare and product quality assurance
- Ensure compliance to state and federal regulatory requirements
- Identify issues and risks through internal, external and third party audits and develop quality improvement plans for the site
- Collect and analyse food safety and quality results to drive continuous improvement
- Monitor and report KPIs for food safety, animal welfare and quality
- Coach and provide training to ensure understanding of and adherence to animal welfare, food safety and quality
- Monitor, investigate and report on customer feedback and complaints
- Manage monitor and keep within budget
Skills and capabilities being sought:
- Proven ability to delivery on a quality management strategy within a food production company
- Strong understanding of food production
- Experience in managing customer relationships
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of food science and quality management
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Tertiary qualification in food science or a related discipline
- Min of 3 years of experience in high risk food manufacturing - meat, dairy, poultry, seafood, bread.
If you have an ability to gather information from different sources, can show resilience and the ability to make sound decisions, make an impact in inspiring others and believe you can make a change to this role, then please don't delay and submit your resume in WORD format using the appropriate links below.
Safety, Quality, Strategy, Efficiency, Technical Services