My client is a large faith-based organisation within the education and Not-for-Profit sector, whose primary focus is on education and youth welfare.
Due to internal changes, there is now an opportunity for an experienced Receptionist/Centre Coordinator to join the Province Team at their Mascot based office; a few minutes' walk from Mascot train station and the newly developed Mascot Central Retail Precinct boasting cafes, restaurants, supermarkets and specialty stores.
This is a full-time permanent role which will see the successful candidate providing high level secretarial, administrative and operational support for many of the office functions. As the first point of contact, the primary responsibility of this position will be to ensure that the Marist Centre is a warm, friendly, hospitable and welcoming.
The Key Responsibilities:
- As the Centre’s first point of contact, you are to provide a friendly, welcoming and well-presented environment to visitors, staff and high level religious partners.
- Attend to administrative duties; including answering and diverting telephone calls, managing the incoming/outgoing mail and couriers, email correspondence, preparing documents and document management.
- Coordination of meeting room bookings, including calendar bookings, email communication, preparation & set up, clean-up of meeting spaces.
- Other administrative tasks (when required) minute taking, arranging meetings including travel and accommodation bookings.
- Attend to the effective coordination of vehicle bookings, log book record-keeping and car space allocation.
- Order and maintain all office supplies.
- Coordinate the weekly work schedule of the Administration Assistant.
- Liaise with building, property and facilities management, cleaners and external agencies providers for the provision of maintenance services.
- Serve as key liaison to Marists' IT provider and to staff for IT queries.
- Manage security fob programming and allocation.
- Efficiently and effectively process, distribute and maintain Marist resources, lists, publications and subscriptions.
- Coordinate and maintain reception relief roster and prayer roster.
- Managing the internal/external organisational functions including communication, catering and set up.
The Essential Criteria:
- MUST understand and actively support the mission of the Church and this faith-based organisation.
- Extensive experience in front-of-house office environment, with demonstrated office coordination expertise.
- Demonstrate proven competency using current Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative suites.
- Ability to lead/participate in the weekly prayer gatherings and other celebrations.
- Strong ability to act confidentiality and employ discretion.
- Capacity to manage competing priorities and challenging enquiries.
- Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills.
- Highly skilled in establishing and developing good working relations.
- Boast varied administrative skills.
- Sounds understanding of budget management and resource allocation – preferred.
- Current driver's licence and senior first aid certification – preferred.
The Benefits: The successful candidate will be offered:
A competitive remuneration package within a professional, environment that offers five weeks' annual leave, fresh fruit for staff, an outdoor terrace, catered lunch once a month and an employee assistance program.
If you are genuinely interested in this opportunity and your experience meets the above criteria please click ‘apply now’. Should you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org