research and practice manager in Erskineville
Erskineville, New South Wales
AU$ 100,000 per year
As the Research and Practice Manager you'll be responsible for the overall operation, management and leadership of a large child and family centre that supports the purpose, values, policies and procedures of the company.
In the role, you'll be supported by the Educational Leader and the Operations Manager to drive a culture of change to exemplary practice and research within the centre placing the company as leaders in innovative practice.
My client is a leader in early childhood and provides diverse child care, family support and professional development services.
The company pride themselves on creating happy, safe and nurturing experiences for children through quality education and care centres including:
- Three early childhood centres within Sydney
- Three outside school hours and vacation care centres
- Specialist crèches that provide child care for newly arrived migrants undertaking AMEP English classes at partner institutions in the Illawarra and Hunter regions, under the Adult Migrant English Program.
- Expanding their spread of centres across the state
The company also provides professional development and consultancy services to the early childhood and middle childhood sector, information and referral services for families and early childhood professionals, and consultancy services to corporate organisations to help them meet the child care needs of their employees.
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for a full-time Research and Practice Manager at a redeveloped and state of the art, Early Education and Care Centre in Erskineville.
The Research and Practice Manager will be responsible for the overall operation, management and leadership of a large child and family centre. It will be responsible for driving a culture of change and exemplary practice and research within the centre.
- Educational Program and Practice
- Children's Health and Safety
- Physical Environment
- Staffing Arrangements
- Relationships with Children
- Collaborative Partnerships with Families and Communities
- Leadership and Service management
- Mentoring, Management & Development
- Work Health & Safety
- Research and Practice
- 4 year Degree or Masters Level in Early Childhood Education
- Completion of Certificate IV Training and Assessment (desirable)
- Demonstrated successful financial management and budgeting
- Experience leading a large multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking and completion of innovative projects and exploration of new ideas and concepts in child and family programs
- Sound understanding in meeting legislative requirements for early childhood education and care and exceeding the NQS
- Experience in engagement and or research projects
- Demonstrated ability to coach with results, support, direct and supervise individuals coordinate, manage and delegate
- Experience in delivering adult education (desirable)
Skills and attributes
- Leadership and change management skills and evidence in practice
- In-depth knowledge and articulation of contemporary research and practice with children
- Exemplary computer literate - Microsoft Office package and child care software packages
- High degree of literacy and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service and establishing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain professional trusting relationships with children and families
- Well-developed organisation skills and ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
Offer above award rates of pay, a supportive working and learning environment, and excellent opportunities for professional development and continued learning opportunities.
4 years teaching degree or Masters degree in Education