Randstad is searching for a Security Solution Architect to join an ICT Security, Risk and Compliance unit within a Government Organisation. An example of the teams responsibilities include overseeing policy relating to Security Management, provide expert advice to stakeholders so they can make informed decisions as well as providing ICT Security assurance governance to address emerging threats in an environment of increasingly distributed (cloud) computing, new business requirements, as well as new managed service and partnering initiatives.
In this role, you will be providing ICT Architecture, guidance and risk advice to various ICT Programs of Work. You will be engaging with Business Sponsors, project staff and vendor partners to provide advice to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective solution is implemented. This includes a requirements analysis, design and product assessment and vendor liaison.
- Assess IT-enabled business initiatives deliver outcomes that do not present excessive ICT risk to the enterprise.
- Provide information security risk advice to business stakeholders. Translate ICT security risks to business risks.
- Develop IT security solution architecture addressing identity management, authentication, end-to-end secure communication in distributed and cloud computing environments, service-oriented architecture (SOA), database management, network defence technologies such as intrusion detection and prevention, secure software development methodologies, and related security areas.
- Ensure information technology, vendor and partner solutions, information security strategy, policy, and architectures, are consistent and complementary, and will support future business directions.
- Research security-oriented technical solutions to defined business problems, assist with prototyping new products, standardise and document security design patterns and assess the impact of new technology or business developments.
- Review software solutions under development to ensure compliance with the enterprise security architecture.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the principles of secure data communication and encryption technology, together with a practical understanding of security methodologies and their application.
- Demonstrated experience producing security architecture in a large enterprise
- Demonstrated deep technical expertise in a broad spectrum of technology areas e.g. ICT infrastructure, networks, operating systems, virtualisation, cloud computing, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to engage project and business resources and achieve a complete understanding of the ICT risk issues
- Experience in the application of ICT risk assessment and management processes for complex systems
- Understanding of Business Impact Assessment and Threat Risk Assessment concepts and processes.
- Experience in an ICT security and risk management role within a large complex ICT environment.
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
Interested? Then Apply Now!
If you are interested click ‘Apply Now’! Alternatively, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Madeline on (07) 3031 3219 for a confidential discussion.