About the company
End to end solutions based freight forwarder in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. High end clients to rival the top 5 in the industry. Unique modern office location consisting of 25 staff.
About the role
Team of 3 looking for a 4th with exceptional international understanding of the supply chain and logistics industry. May come across as your standard cartage coordinator role, but the difference is this involves account management duties.
- Organising timeslots through EDI/ICS
- Liaising with local and interstate carriers
- Cover a port folio of clients moving cargo interstate
- FCL, LCL cargo duties, with some Air
- The duties will include but will not be exclusive to
- Import / Export Consignment tracking and monitoring
- Import / Export transport bookings
- Creditor invoice checking and posting
- Debtor invoice processing in accordance to rate schedules
- Handling of Customer specific enquiries or requirements
- Ensure all cargo is clear and all impediments are met to enable delivery
- Maintain close liaison with and supply timely advice to all other departments and portfolio of clients
Skills & experience
- Experience within Freight Forwarding industry a must
- Cartage/Transport experience desirable
- International understanding of supply chain and logistics
- EDI/CW1, ICS exposure highly advantageous
- FCL/LCL and Air exposure to transport
Contract role for those just looking for a contract role. Strong potential to go perm for those looking for perm.
Above market value salary on offer.
Public Transport friendly location.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Simpson on 03 9252 2177.