Reporting to the Head of Procurement, this is a critical role for a major services organisation. This role will be responsible for the management of sourcing and tenders for major projects and capital works.
This organisation is one of the fastest growing most renowned organisations across this specialist industry and has been at the forefront of large scale developments within the state. They have boasted success over a long period of time and due to recent developments have an opportunity for an exceptional procurement specialist who is looking to continually build on a strong procurement career to date.
You will be responsible for directing and leading project teams through best practice procurement activities, managing, communicating and negotiating with suppliers, interpreting spend and vendor data for the purpose of identifying go to market opportunities and initiatives, ensuring that optimal procurement outcomes are achieved and providing advice and guidance as to the most effective procurement and engagement method, ensuring that accurate records are maintained at all times.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience of Tender and contract preparation across Construction and Infrastructure consultancy contracts.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of contract development within construction.
- Hold tertiary qualifications in a field such as, but not limited to, procurement, law, project management, engineering or commerce
- You must also have demonstrable experience of strategic sourcing and category management best practice.
- Essential in this role is effective and demonstrated experience in consultative stakeholder engagement and influencing, including supplier relationship management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement, and work as an effective team member.
- Ability to meet competing deadlines in a high volume environment.
- At least 5 years operating at Category Management level.
This role would suit a strong Procurement Specialist that would like to step up into an End to end Procurement role with exposure to major projects.
Please contact Gareth Paul on 02 8298 3823 or e-mail your CV across to firstname.lastname@example.org