A Senior Commercial Analyst is urgently required for a 12 month maximum duration contract to provide financial analysis expertise to the various operating entities within our client’s Australian business; these will include gross margin analysis and reporting as well as revenue accounting.
The revenue accounting aspect to this role is a good to have but it isn’t critical. The successful candidate will have 2 direct reports who are mostly self managing and will only require guidance.
Experience and skills
- Strong Technical Skills is critical including SQL Database, Oracle Database, writing queries in Excel and Macros VBA.
- Advanced numerical skills; must be a highly numerate and data driven individual
- Understanding and experience in the use of financial systems architecture and applications (SQL database experience ideal)
- Proven ability to apply analytical and strategic thinking and capacity and willingness to learn quickly about complex matters
- Understanding of wholesale energy markets
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication
- High standard of organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously and identify key issues and risks requiring management or escalation.
- Accounting skills (Not essential)
- Strong learning and development background
- Implemented business focussed changes to improve efficiencies
- Comprehensive experience in implementing a learning management system
If you are interested in this role, apply by clicking on the “apply” button below or contact Rade Manojlovic for a confidential discussion on (03) 8319 1126