My client is a large Government Agency based in Sydney CBD and currently has a requirement for a Senior Compliance Officer to come on board and join one of the largest NSW Government initiatives of the last 10 years. The role is responsible for developing and implementing a host of compliance/review programs across their ticketing system including; security, privacy and WHS (including plan developement and the management of related issues). Internal and external audit support will be required along with the reviewing and assessing of contractor compliance plans.
The successful incumbent will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven track record working in a similar role.
To be considered for this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years experience in a compliance role (ideally) within a large and complex organisational, government and IT evironment.
- Tertiary legal qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of privacy law and the ability to update privacy impact assessments and to prepare Privacy Notices and to provide privacy advice
- Sound understanding of Governance and Compliance Frameworks, Risk Management, Government Procurement practices and WHS legislation
- The ability to monitor workplace practices and identify non compliance
- Experience handling GIPA requests
- Capacity to operate both independently, using initiative and self-direction and as a team member to produce consistently high quality work
This is an urgent requirement and an opportunity to not only join this premier NSW Government initiative but also to secure a contract position that will take you over the Christmas period and into 2017. If you have the required skills and experience and are looking for your next challenge, please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone (02) 8235 3322.