The Senior Media Advisor manages the development, coordination and delivery of media responses, strategies, initiatives and relationships to optimise outcomes. At times, the Senior Media Advisor may also be required to work on media priorities. The role covers a high volume of media enquiries, content production and integrated communications strategies to support government announcements and policy reforms.The Senior Media Advisor will also:
- Provide strategic communications advice in consultation with different teams.
- Identify and facilitate media opportunities
- Record and report on media coverage to relevant stakeholders .
- Research and prepare media strategies, media releases, media responses, holding statements, Q&As and parliamentary briefings to contribute to the provision of accurate and timely advice on media opportunities and critical issues.
- Manage the development and implementation of media events to contribute to the effective coverage of key issues or successes.
- Work effectively with colleagues across different teams to develop and implement integrated communications strategies.
- Stay abreast of government obligations, contemporary best practice and emerging issues in media communications.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships business partners, the Minister's office, key media contacts and other stakeholders; liaise, negotiate, advise, influence and collaborate with them in order to optimise effective media solutions and services.
- As required, support the Media and Corporate Communications Team, particularly on media matters.
The Media Liaison Officer will have worked previously in a similar role and will: