senior network engineer (with nsx) in Melbourne CBD
Melbourne CBD, Victoria
A leading organisation within the financial domain has been growing from stride to stride.
With the advent of new platforms being built, they are currently seeking the services of an experienced network engineer with NSX experience to join a team made up of skilled resources and creative thinkers, to elevate the organisation to new heights.
The successful candidate will have worked within enterprise transformation projects and complex environments, and they will also hold relevant Computer Science/IT Certifications.
Key Skills required:
- Proven experience in network virtualisation, micro-segmentation, network automation, and SDNs, particularly using VMware NSX, and Cumulus Linux
- CCIE is highly regarded.
- Must have in depth knowledge and experience within a Linux environment.
- Experience in multi-site WAN connectivity using MPLS as well as dark fibre, along with BGP/EBGP routing.
- Hands-on experience in LAN switching technologies, and also IP telephony including SIP trunking.
- Experience with Megaport, particularly to connect to AWS Direct Connect and Azure ExpressRoute.
- Sound working knowledge of firewalls and network load balancers, preferably Check Point firewall, F5 BIG-IP GTM/LTM as well as Citrix Netscaler.
- Been responsible for the full life cycle of networks, with experience in a DevOps/continuously integrated environment with high levels of automation.
- Driven value from third party partners in a software defined infrastructure environment
- Contributed to and delivered network technology strategies, architecture and policies.
- Influenced stakeholders and built lasting relationships.
- Ideally, worked in a regulated financial services environment, with good knowledge of the life insurance industry and associated technologies.
You will not only be someone who is highly technically inclined and forward thinking but also someone who is highly collaborative with solid experience working with vendors and managing stakeholders.
If you think you have the the above technical skills and attributes and are suitable, then please send through a coverletter justifying your suitability for the role along with your resume in MS Word and click on the 'apply now' tab.
Virtualisation, VMware, NSX, AWS, Azure, F5, GTM,LTM, MPLS, BGP, EBGP, WAN, LAN, Citrix, Netscaler, DevOps, Megaport