This well-known Government Department immediately requires an experienced Senior Procurement Officer to provide efficient procurement, tendering and contract development for the purchase of materials, products and services within the Department. Working in a specialised team you will deliver strong procurement capabilities to your team in the achievement of procurement unit outcomes.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Coordinate and manage procurement and tendering activities for clients
- Plan and coordinate purchasing activities
- Provide contemporary advice and information to stakeholders
- Maintain vendor relations and coordinate procurement of materials, equipment and supplies
- Assist in market and spend data analysis and reporting
- Purchasing orders and good receipting
In order to be successful for this position you’ll need:
- Previous full tendering and procurement experience within Government Departments, Authorities or Local Council
- Working knowledge of Government Procurement and relevant legislations
- Well developed organisational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills – you will be required to make presentations to stakeholders
What you’ll get in return:
Working with this well-known Government Department you’ll be provided with guidance and appropriate training on their processes in order to support your new team to the best of your ability. There is the possibility of contract extension or swift movement into another role following.
To Apply for this position please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format through the ‘Apply Now’ button only. For additional information please contact our dedicated Queensland Government Department on 3243 3900. Please note that due to the high volume of responses it will not be possible for Randstad to contact all applicants to advise of their progress. Due to this only applicants of interest will be contacted.