Randstad are currently looking for a Senior Transport Engineer (Band 7) for an initial 3 months period to work in a local council, in the eastern region of Melbourne. As a successful candidate, you will be tasked with investigating and resolving transport, traffic, parking and drainage issues for this region whilst supporting a team of direct reports.
In this role, your main duties will include:
- Project Management and delivery of capital works projects
- Supervising and delegating a team
- Provide specialist advice to managers and other staff on complex traffic and transport issues
- Prepare, assist and undertake development and review of traffic/transport related plans
- Risk assessments of traffic projects
As a successful candidate, you will possess:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Postgraduate degree in Transport/Traffic would be an advantage
- Previous experience in traffic engineering and transport planning
- Project management skills
- Proven ability to write professional technical reports and provide clear recommendations.
- Fully conversant on MS Office Professional Plus 2010, AutoCad 2014 and SIDRA intersection 6.
- People management skills to manage direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to seek innovation designs to complex traffic and transport problems in an urban built environment.
This is a great opportunity to start in a contract role starting first week of January. It is offering competitive hourly rate of and has an possibility for extension. Ready to secure this role? please press APPLY NOW or for any further information, call Carla Thornhill on (02) 8298 3834.