Server Engineer is currently required for a 12 months maximum duration assignment to ensure the server environment is effectively managed, monitored and is configured to deliver maximum operational efficiency.
The key deliverables of the Server Engineer role are :
- Support the existing Server and Desktop environment
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Environments (SOE) and configure deployment solutions
- Ensure the IT environment is patched, securely configured and disaster recovery capabilities exist in line with business needs.
- Develop and maintain IT Roadmaps.
- Monitor and remediate IT issues in the Regional IT environment.
- Complete project work as required.
- Provide advanced support in escalated user support issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Participate in the Out of Hours support roster.
To be successful in this position you will e a highly experience Server Engineer who has solid administration and configuration experience with Microsoft Server and Desktop technologies and Citrix.
You will also have skills in the below:
- Experience in development and deployment of Standard Operating Environments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the delivery of IT system patching and capacity reporting.
- Experience with application deployment technologies and methods of application packaging
- Extensive experience in the configuration and management of IT Hardware including Virtualisation, Sun Hardware and SAN technologies.
- At least 5 years’ experience supporting server environments including Unix, Solaris, and Windows.
- Extensive experience in the management of Virtual environments.
- Experience in Web systems and servers such as IIS, PHP and Sharepoint.
- Linux Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant tertiary degree in an IT or related discipline.
- Microsoft Server and Exchange certification
- VMware or other related qualifications
If you are up to the challenge send your application to Matthew Owen using the link or contact him on 8319 1223.