Server Engineer is currently required for a permanent role ensure the server environment is effectively managed, monitored and is configured to deliver maximum operational efficiency.
The key deliverables of the Server Engineer role are :
- Support the existing Server and Desktop environment
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Environments (SOE) and configure deployment solutions
- Ensure the IT environment is patched, securely configured and disaster recovery capabilities exist in line with business needs.
- Develop and maintain IT Roadmaps.
- Monitor and remediate IT issues in the Regional IT environment.
- Complete project work as required.
- Provide advanced support in escalated user support issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Participate in the Out of Hours support roster.
To be successful in this position you will an experience Server Engineer who has solid administration and configuration experience with Microsoft Server and Desktop technologies
You will also have skills in the below
- Experience in development and deployment of Standard Operating Environments.
- Extensive knowledge of IT Systems including Microsoft Server and Desktop technologies, and document management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the delivery of IT system patching and capacity reporting.
- Experience in completing system upgrades and infrastructure refresh projects.
- Experience with Cloud environments especially Azure or AWS
- Experience with application deployment technologies and methods of application packaging
- Extensive experience in the configuration and management of IT Infrastructure Hardware including Virtualisation, and SAN technologies.
- Experience supporting server environments including Unix, Solaris, and Windows.
- Extensive experience in the management of Virtual environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take direction and instruction from management and act quickly and calmly
- Self-motivation, initiative and commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to work as a remote team member with a strong focus on outcomes that ensure best results for the business
If you are up to the challenge send your application to Rade Manojlovic using the link or contact him on 8319 1126 or Leonie Woodfine on 8319 1243