solution design manager (benefits realisation) in Sydney CBD
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
Randstad is on the lookout for a Solution Design Manager to be responsible for defining and driving internal alignment around the overall Solution of infrastructure, technology, people and process, and ensuring that the solution is ‘fit-for-purpose’ for the delivery of the outcomes and benefits cited in the client’s business case.
- Implement and manage the Service Delivery Design methodologies providing the program with assurance of the end-to-end traceability of the Program’s Solution from requirements through to benefits realisation.
- Responsible for the establishment of the required governance to support solution design decisions as well as managing trade-offs between requirements, delivery, schedule, costs and benefits realisation.
- Responsible for the delivery of program’s benefits realisation management activities in accordance with the NSW Government and Sydney Trains guidelines, developing appropriate measurement methodologies and metrics as needed.
- Accountability for key artefacts including (but not limited to):
- Program Concept of Operations;
- Program Benefits Realisation Management;
- Program Solution Design Benefit Models; and
- Program Roadmap and High Level Implementation Strategy;
- Representation at the Project Delivery Team working group meetings, Assurance Review Boards and other working groups charged with progressing design-related issues.
- Identify all requirements and design elements for the Program’s Solution and their inter-relationships. Develop and execute a strategy to ensure they are met, thereby enabling the implementation of the Program’s Solution and realisation of benefits.
- Provide design oversight to ensure the development and implementation of the Program’s Solution is supported by objective evidence which underpins the Concept of Operations and Service Delivery Design methodologies.
- Presentation/communication of program level requirements and benefits realisation to key stakeholders and acceptance authorities throughout the lifecycle of the program.
- Support the Program Leadership Team and its commitment to the realisation of business benefits.
- Representation of the Program on various Sydney Trains forums and promotion of the Program to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage and develop a team to assist in the delivery of the above.
To succeed in this role you have:
- Proven track record of successfully managing scope and benefits in complex delivery environments
- Past experience and authored Benefits realisation documents and reviewing business cases.
- Demonstrated high levels of understanding of whole-of-solution design principles
- Ideally, a strong understanding of the complexities of rail infrastructure, the rail operational environment and transport customer interfaces relevant to the development of the program
- Rail/Transport or Consultancy background is a bonus but not essential
- Tertiary qualification in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline
If you believe you have the skills for the role, then don’t delay and apply now! Alternatively, you can email Resham Singh on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Benefits Realisation, Solution Design, Business Cases