- Are you an experienced technician in the interpretation and application of threat intelligence?
- Do you want to establish, develop and maintain systems to support New Zealand’s cyber security?
- Do you have the passion to seek continuous improvement and automation in a field that demands high levels of technical expertise?
- Permanent opportunity, Wellington, New Zealand
We look for people who are passionate and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our businesses and our people in the world of cyber security.
CERT NZ is an organisation that receives cyber incident reports, tracks cyber security incidents or attacks and provides advice and alerts to its customers on how to respond and prevent further attacks. CERT NZ works work closely with its international counterparts to prevent and respond to cybersecurity incidents, and address cybercrime.
CERT NZ will be New Zealand’s national CERT and will sit at the centre of our cyber security response. Establishing a national CERT means New Zealand joins an international network of more than 85 other national CERTs. It will help New Zealand play our part in a global effort to improve internet security.
We are currently seeking a Systems & Security Specialist; someone who can be part of the team that is working on improving the nation’s ability to identify, manage and avoid cyber security incidents. We are looking for someone who has proven experience in computer systems defence and operations in a hostile environment.
The Systems & Security Specialist is responsible for the development, design, configuration, maintenance and reliable operation of the supporting software and systems of the CERT. The Systems & Security Specialist will act as the owner of CERT’s systems and ensure that the performance and security of computers and networks meets user requirements and agreed standards.
The Systems & Security Specialist will have a sound understanding of threats and the threat landscape, as well as understanding security controls and how to mitigate any threats. A large component of this role will be to own the technical roadmap for the CERT and be able to procure the systems required to operate CERT NZ, including liaising with other international CERTs.
You will relish being part of a team that has national responsibility for:
- Incident response and triage
- Situational awareness and information sharing
- Advice and outreach
- International collaboration
- National and international co-ordination of serious cyber incidents
This is a challenging, rewarding and fulfilling role, with the opportunity to really make a difference, and collaborate with a strong team of professionals.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Comprehensive understanding of cyber threats and the threat landscape.
- Strong functional knowledge of both Linux administration and Python scripting and development.
- Sound knowledge of STIX and TAXII standards.
- Existing government security clearance or the ability to gain and maintain such a clearance (Please see this link to the public NZSIS information for further information about the vetting process for national security clearances: http://nzsis.govt.nz/assets/media/Vetting_for_web_LR.pdf)
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
- Able to start in the role before February 2017.
If this sounds like your next ideal opportunity, then please apply for this position by going to www.randstad.co.nz/CERT, where you can read the position description, register your details and submit your cover letter and CV outlining your suitability for this role.
For further information please contact Sherena Dullabh at (+64 4 471 4871) or Anthony Eastman at (+64 4 494 3467)