C++ Team Lead / Lead Software Engineer
My client is seeking an experienced C++ Team Lead / Lead Software Engineer for its world leading software. Your primary responsibility will be to lead the engineering team to deliver innovation and quality to our worldwide customers. This will include modernisation of existing development systems and processes, core framework design and working alongside the CTO and project teams to ensure high quality deliveries and technical excellence. The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for leading others as well as a passion for software architecture, algorithms and engineering. They will be responsible for the development team across a range of products and leading the architecture into the future.
- Directly supervise the software team.
- Oversee the architecture of software and products and propose any needed work.
- Ensure the long term viability of the software and development practices.
- Ensure projects are tasked and estimated in a timely manner.
- Ensure all processes, procedures are adequately documented and maintained.
- Identify shortcomings in process and procedures and propose solutions to direct manager.
- Identify shortcomings in the team and its structure and propose solutions to direct manager.
- Assign work amongst the team according to the company priorities.
- Manage research and development
- Advocate for the needs of the software group.
- Coordinate with the wider development group in the planning and scheduling of products.
- Coordinate with the wider development group in identifying and addressing user facing issues.
- Provide a long term planning strategy including any necessary team adjustments to deliver the expected quality for upcoming products.
- At least 5 years in C++ and a solid understanding of modern design principles.
- At least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Excellent understanding of software development processes and methodologies.
- Strong aptitude for systems architecture and design.
- Experience of Windows development with Visual Studio.
- Computational geometry skills would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of 2d graphics formats and algorithms.
- Knowledge of Confluence, Jira and Git.
There are excellent opportunities for advancement and ongoing training and development.
Please submit your CV using the 'apply now' link or emailing Rishi Bhalodia: firstname.lastname@example.org