- Collaboration with other sections of Council to ensure Council's traffic infrastructure assets meet community needs
- Assist in the development, review and programming of traffic management policies and strategic traffic issues, including LATM schemes and permanent road closures
- Assist in preparation of Council's Infrastructure Forward Programs for traffic infrastructure capital works
- Coordinate and undertake traffic counts, undertake site visits, site meetings, to assess traffic planning matters
- Liaise and communicate with other external transport agencies, and members of the community including attending community meetings and assisting in the preparation of public exhibition communications
- Preparing planning concepts and feasibility design sketches for proposed minor traffic facilities
- Contribute to the management of risk across Council's traffic management and associated assets
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline together with experience in the implementation and development of traffic planning projects and policies.
- Working knowledge of statutory requirements applicable to the planning and delivery of traffic management infrastructure including the Roads Act, Local Government Act, NSW Environmental Planning and Assessment Act.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the preparation of capital works budgets including cost estimating and scheduling, as well as a good understanding of budget and financial management processes.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including the ability to undertake community engagement processes and prepare reports and policy work.
- Investigative and problem−solving skills with a sound working knowledge of project management and contract administration processes.
- Possess a current NSW Class C Driver's License.
- Experiece in cycleway planning and design.
Randstad understand that the public sector is small, so as to protect your identity, be rest assured your application will be kept confidential and your details will not be passed onto a 3rd party at any time without your consent.
To apply please send your current resume (in MS word format) to email@example.com. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact Darragh Aherne on 02 9233 9936 for a confidential chat if you have any further questions regarding my roles.
We are always looking to speak with members of the Public Sector. If you know anyone please refer them on for a change to get our $500 referral bonus, call me to discuss any potential roles that may be right for you.