Traffic / Transport Engineer
As a traffic/transport engineer in a Victorian council you will be a key-player in professional support to the local infrastructure. There will be various temporary positions available to broaden your experience and work across different government local councils within Victoria.
Your tasks will be:
- Provide reports to Council on traffic engineering, transportation and parking issues.
- Assist in the provision of appropriate parking controls and traffic engineering devices.
- Investigate requests and make recommendations related to traffic, transportation and parking matters.
- Arrange and/or undertake traffic and parking surveys and recommend appropriate traffic and parking controls as required.
To be successful, you require:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering with a focus on traffic / transport
- Minimum two years experience in a similar role
- Strong capabilities in writing policy and strategies
- Government experience is desired
You will be offered:
- Competitive hourly rate
- The opportunity to gain experience within local government
- Active support to ensure you are comfortable in the position
- The opportunity to work in a variety of councils through Randstad
Please note that the successful candidate must complete a Police Check.
Does this sound like you? Please press APPLY NOW or for further information contact Tess Morren on (02)82983833