The role will focus primarily on the website maintenance, updates and social media presence of our government client. This is a highly regulated environment and would need someone familiar with working within a legislated environment.
- Maintain and develop the client’s website and intranet complying with accessibility and other standards and improving the user experience.
- Maintain and develop client’s social media presence.
- Maintain, develop and/or update office web, intranet and social media systems, processes and policies.
- Report on website and social media activity.
- Maintain and/or update office systems, processes and policies.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- This role will work in a small communications team and provides support, backup and quality review of the work of other team members. In this regard, the Web Administrator must be able to work collaboratively with other technical staff and provide constructive feedback on work.
- The Web Administrator is expected to take the initiative on matters within the role's area of responsibility having regard to legislative requirements, accountability standards, performance measures and critical risks. This requires the exercise of judgement, particularly when interpreting information to draw conclusions.
- The Web Administrator will need to balance competing work priorities. It is essential that the occupant of the role be able to work independently and with minimal supervision to deliver on the broad range of tasks required.
- The Web Administrator must keep up-to-date with web and social media trends and technologies and develop skill in utilising these new technologies.
- The Web Administrator must work creatively and innovatively to develop the Ombudsman’s website and social media environments and ensure compliance with usability and accessibility standards.
- The Web Administrator must have an understanding of who uses the Ombudsman’s website and social media sites and why. In this regard, strategies to develop the website should consider improved user experience.
If you are interested in this role apply online or call Tania 8298 3825 (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss more about the role.